Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a good week! We have been getting alot of snow. It is so beautiful. 
This recipe is another one of my childhood favorites. I had the original from my mom, but, when I went to make them, I couldn't find it! I eventually resorted to my own memory and formulated my own. These were a little more crumbly than I would have liked, which made them very hard to cut, but I eventually got some semi-pretty ones. They taste just the same though. Again, it's like eating memories. I was trying to figure out what made them so crumbly when I realized that I put in six cups of rice krispies instead of the five that I remembered. I will put five cups instead of six so you don't have to worry about yours being the same way! It may also help to add more peanut butter or marshmallow cream. I will have to try it next time! Enjoy! :) 

                                                         
                    Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies

                   1 jar marshmallow cream (7 oz) 
                       1/2 cup peanut butter
                       1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
                       5 cups rice krispies
                       1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
                       1 bag butterscotch chips

Butter a glass 9x13 pan and set it aside.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the marshmallow cream, butter, and peanut butter until melted and smooth. 
Pour the mixture over the rice krispies and mix well. 
With buttered hands, firmly press the rice krispies into the pan. Place into the refrigerator to cool. 
Melt the chocolate chips and the butterscotch chips together in a double broiler. Make sure there are no streaks in the chocolate, then pour it over the cooled bars. Allow it to set, then cut into squares and dig in! :) 

1 comment:

  1. We haven't had these since I was really little too. They are really delicious. Now, I want to make them. :) ~Abby

    ReplyDelete