Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Nutmeg's Chocolate Ice Cream Bar

Hey, everyone! Lately where me and Koko live it has been close to 100 degrees, and it's really hard to keep cool! Yesterday I was experimenting with popsicle recipes, and I made a chocolate one that didn't have as much flavor as I would've wanted. I tried changing it a bit, and this is what I came up with. It is really yummy, and perfect for hot weather like today! Happy eating! (Or, should I say, Happy Freezing!) :) 



                        Nutmeg's Chocolate Ice Cream Bar

                           3/4 cup milk
                           1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
                           3/4 tsp. cocoa powder 
                           2 tablespoons sugar
                           1/2-3/4 tsp. chocolate extract
                           dash of salt

Combine the milk and heavy whipping cream together in a microwave safe bowl. Add cocoa powder and microwave for about 10-15 seconds, so the cocoa powder mixes in better.
Add in the sugar and salt, then add chocolate extract until it's flavored the way you like it. (I used about 1/2-3/4 tsp, but it may vary for different people) Caution: Chocolate extract can be very strong, so be careful with it! Mix it all together well, then pour into a popsicle mold. Let it freeze for a few hours, or until firm. Make sure it is thoroughly frozen, or it will make a big mess! Enjoy! :) 

                                     ~Nutmeg

Note from Nutmeg: This recipe makes only one ice cream bar, but you can change it to make as many as you want.) :) 

8 comments:

  1. Where on earth do you get chocolate extract?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember where we got it...I think at Hy-Vee or something like that.

      Delete
    2. It is about 100 degrees here today. I wish I had time to make it. ~Abby

      Delete
    3. I have to admit I have never heard of it either. ~Abby

      Delete
    4. They actually sell it at Walmart now. :)

      Delete
    5. Do you remember where you got the popsicle molds from? ( Oops! I ended my question with a preposition!) ~Abby

      Delete
    6. Pretty sure it was Walmart.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I'm looking for good ones. We bought some from the dollar store and they work well, but, they were only a dollar, if you know what I mean. ~Abby

    ReplyDelete