Monday, August 19, 2013

Sunrise Orange Pancakes

I love pancakes...especially orange flavored ones!  The best part of this recipe is the  homemade syrup.  If there is any extra (which I highly doubt) you can use it on ice cream!  This is another favorite from my childhood.

Sunrise Orange Pancakes
2 cups pancake mix
2 eggs
3 T. sugar
3/4 cups orange juice
3/4 cup milk

Directions

Combine baking mix and sugar.  

Beat the eggs, milk and orange juice; stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.

Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto lightly greased griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes.  Syrup time!

Orange Syrup
4 T. sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 cups orange juice

Directions

In a saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch and orange juice.

Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour onto pancakes.  (I like hot syrup on my pancakes.  If you prefer your syrup room temperature ,then make it before the pancakes so that it has time to cool.)

Yummy, yum, yum!  I am salivating just writing this article!  I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do!

1 comment: