Friday, October 25, 2013

Buttery Cocoa Wafers

I have another cookie recipe for you all!  Well, actually it is more of a wafer.  I found this recipe on the back of a hot cocoa container, and thought I would test it out.  I used a mint hot cocoa mix for the recipe, but you can use any flavor you want.  I would probably use a different flavor next time as well. 


Cocoa Wafers

3/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 ounce hot cocoa mix (any flavor)

Directions

Preheat oven to 375*.

Combine butter, sugar and egg yolk in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (2 to 3 minutes). Reduce speed to low. Beat, gradually adding flour and cocoa mix and scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). 
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness with bottom of buttered glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool completely.  Enjoy!


As I said before, I would not use mint hot cocoa mix.  They are still good with mint, but not as yummy as they could be.  I hope you will tell us your favorite variation!

No comments:

Post a Comment