Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte

Hello, everybody! I have been trying out different fall recipes, and I thought a pumpkin spice latte would be just the right thing for this week's article! I put whipped cream on it, then I found out afterwards that you only put whipped cream on the iced lattes...oh well, it tastes yummy anyways! 
The measurements are also not very exact; that's because I went by taste, and I didn't measure everything. I think different people like their drinks with more spice, and some may not. This is the second drink recipe in a row, but the weather is perfect for this kind of stuff! I hope you like this recipe! I know I did! :) Happy Eating! 



                                  Pumpkin Spice Latte
                          
                   1 cup brewed coffee, black
                   1/4 cup milk
                   1-2 tablespoons pumpkin (to taste) 
                   pumpkin pie spice, to taste
                   cinnamon, to taste
                   1 tablespoon sugar (as much as you want) 
Whipped Cream:
                   1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
                   sugar, to taste

In a small saucepan, slowly heat up the milk (it will curdle if you heat it too fast) with the spices and sugar until it is hot. (I added my spices and sugars a little bit too late, so the spices didn't mix in all the way, and I needed to strain it into the coffee.) 
Once the milk mixture is hot, pour the coffee into a mug, then pour in the milk mixture. (Once again, depending on how much cream you like in your coffee, you can put in more or less.) Mix them together well, then, if you want, you can top it with whipped cream. 
To make the whipped cream, simply put the cream and sugar in a cup and mix it with a hand blender until it is the texture of whipped cream. Gently put spoonfuls on top of the coffee. Mine didn't sit nicely on top like store-bought lattes, but it was yummy anyways. You can sprinkle a little bit of pumpkin pie spice on top to make it look pretty if you want as well. It is so yummy! Enjoy! 



1 comment:

  1. I don't like coffee but, I would be willing to try this. ~Abby :)

    ReplyDelete