Monday, November 11, 2013

Dad's Birthday Coffeecake

Today is my Dad's birthday!  This recipe is his favorite coffeecake!  I have to admit I like it quite a bit as well!  My grandma would make this for my Dad when he was younger.

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

Crumble Topping

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter

Frosting

powdered sugar
milk
Directions

Preheat oven to 350*

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs and sour cream.  Combine well.  Add vanilla.

Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.  Add to the butter mixture.  Mix until combined.

Combine ingredients for the crumble topping as you would for pie crust(will have a sandy texture).

Pour crumble topping evenly over cake batter.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.  Let cool.

Combine milk and powdered sugar until it has reached desired consistency.  ( Thicker is better)  Enjoy!


My dad loves this coffee cake!  I hope that you will all try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment