Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Delicious Cranberry Sauce Parfait

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I thought for this post I would do a Thanksgiving dish. I don't know about you, but I really like cranberry sauce. I know someone who made something very similar to this every Thanksgiving, and I always looked forward to it. I made my own version of it, and, although it doesn't taste the same as hers, it is still very yummy. 
I hope you enjoy it! Happy Eating! :)


                         Delicious Cranberry Sauce Parfait

Cranberry sauce: 
                        1 cup of water
                        1 cup sugar
                        4 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen) 

Whipped cream:
                        2 cups heavy whipping cream
                        4 tablespoons sugar
          
                        chopped pecans, optional


Wash the cranberries, and make sure there aren't any bad ones. 
In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce the heat and add the cranberries. Let them simmer for about 10 minutes, or until they have burst, forming a kind of jelly. 
Remove from the heat and allow it to cool at room temperature, then place it in the refrigerator. 
Combine the whipping cream and the sugar in a blender cup, then, using a hand blender, whip it until it is thick. 
You can make several single serve bowls, or you can make one big one. Put a spoonful of cranberry sauce into the bottom of the bowl, then spoon whipped cream on top of that, until you have as many layers as you like. Finish with a dollop of whipped cream, and, if you want, you can sprinkle some chopped pecans on top. Yummy! 
I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! :)

  ~Nutmeg             

1 comment: