Friday, April 18, 2014

Neat Eats Brownies

Hello Everyone!  I was looking through an old cook book called Neat Eats, and found this brownie recipe.  All the brownies I have ever made have been more cakey than I would have liked, so I was pleasantly surprised when these turned out beautifully fudgy.  The only change I would have made would be to make them thicker. 



Boston Brownies

2 squares semi-sweet chocolate (1 oz. each)
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 level teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease 8x8 square pan.  Break the chocolate into pieces and put in a small heatproof bowl with the butter.  Stand the bowl over a saucepan of hot water and stir until the chocolate has melted.  Remove from heat.

Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.  Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and chocolate mixture.  Beat until smooth.

Pour mixture into prepared pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes - until the mixture rises and pulls away from the sides of the pan.  Allow to cool in pan.



I really enjoyed these brownies!  I hope you will give them a try!  The recipe had said that it made sixteen brownies, well, it lied.  This recipe made only nine decent sized brownies.  Well, in my opinion anyway!  Oh, and in his!


No comments:

Post a Comment