Monday, April 21, 2014

Nest Cupcakes

Hello Everyone!  My family makes these cupcakes every year for Easter.  When I was little, my mom would let me put all the "eggs"  in the "nests".  I loved it.  Now, I can do it all myself!  I got to make these this year, and I was a bit of a cheater.  The last time I had made a vanilla flavored cake, it tasted like cornbread(you can ask Nutmeg about this, it was her birthday cake!).  I have no idea how it happened.  These cupcakes are vanilla, so I decided to use a box mix.  I know, I know, I should have figured out how to make it from scratch and NOT have it taste like cornbread, but I wanted to make them perfectly, with no room for error.  They turned out beautifully!  I was very pleased, and I hope you are as well!


Nest Cupcakes

1 box yellow cake mix (+ box ingredients)
buttercream frosting (this is linked to previous post, but make only one third of the recipe)
1 pkg. small milk chocolate eggs
1 1/2 cups toasted coconut

Directions

Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes.  Cool.

Cut a cone shaped wedge in the top of the cupcakes, and "discard" the cuttings (chew, chew, chew).  Frost the cupcakes with prepared buttercream. 

Roll the outer edge of the cupcake in toasted coconut, and sprinkle a little in the center.  Place three chocolate eggs in the cup shape in the cupcake.  Enjoy!


My family and I really enjoy these Easter treats, and I hope that you all will as well!

1 comment: