Friday, April 25, 2014

Smoked Sausage "Fajitas"

Hello, everyone! I hope you all are doing well, and enjoying this beautiful spring weather we are having! I want to thank Koko SO MUCH for posting for me while I was out of town! It was very kind of her. **applause, please**

This week's recipe is smoked sausage fajitas. I made these for dinner last night, and they were a hit! I served it with cornbread (recipe here) as well. I didn't put real fajita seasoning in them, just turmeric, garlic and salt, so they didn't taste authentic, but they were delicious anyways. The thing about cooking is that I don't measure anything, so the seasonings will not have an exact measurement. I just sprinkled them evenly over the top of the meat.  I hope you try these and enjoy them! 


                      Smoked Sausage "Fajitas"

                1 package (14 links) smoked sausage
                1 medium onion
                2 large bell peppers (I used green, but you could probably use any color)
                ground turmeric
                garlic
                salt

Heat some oil in a large skillet. Meanwhile, chop the sausage links into strips. Do the same with the onion and the bell peppers. Saute the onions and peppers, then add the sausage. Cook until the onions and peppers are soft, then add the turmeric, garlic and salt. Just sprinkle them evenly over the meat. Stir it well and cook it for a few minutes longer. Serve with tortillas. Enjoy! :) 
                                         
            ~Nutmeg:)           

1 comment:

  1. Our Family loves Smoked Sausage. Will Try! ~Abby

    ReplyDelete