Monday, September 8, 2014

Almond Crepes

Hello Everyone!  When I was younger, my favorite breakfast was crepes.  Come to think of it, it probably is still!  My mom doesn't make them a whole lot though, because they are SO time consuming.  Even the small batch that you get from this recipe takes about an hour and a half to make and finish! Personally, I think they are worth the effort if you have the time.  I love that you can put anything in them when they are finished!  My favorite combination is cherry jelly, with mini chocolate chips and whip cream. 


Almond Crepes

1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 T. sugar
4 eggs
1 1/3 cups almond milk
2/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
splash almond extract


Directions


Combine all dry ingredients.

Combine all wet ingredients.

Whisk together wet and dry ingredients until minimal lumps are found.

Heat a large skillet and add a small amount of butter.  Pour in a half cupful of batter (or less, these could probably get pretty thin) and tip the pan to coat the bottom.  Flip when top of crepe appears to be almost dry.  Enjoy!



Yum....I love these!  I hope you all enjoy them as well!  If you make them, leave a comment to tell us what you filled  them with!

No comments:

Post a Comment