Friday, September 19, 2014

Homemade Caramel Apples

Hello, everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the fall weather! I have personally only had a caramel apple once, and I loved it. Every time I see them in candy shops or in the store, my mouth always waters. To me, caramel apples speak autumn. I mean, apples and caramel...how much better can you get? I came up with this recipe, and I love it. They taste amazing. Enjoy! 


Homemade Caramel Apples

1 bag caramel bits (or caramel chips)
2 Tablespoons water
3 granny smith apples
Butterfinger crumbs, or candy of your choice
3 Popsicle sticks or wooden skewers 

Put a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper on a plate, and lightly spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Push the sticks into the center of the apples. Set aside. 
In a microwaveable bowl, combine the caramel bits and the water. Microwave them for about 2 minutes, or until smooth, stopping every thirty seconds to stir. 
Dip each of the apples into the caramel, making sure it is evenly coated. Turn it above the bowl to let the excess drip off. Roll it in the candy of your choice, then place it carefully on the plate. Don't let it tip over! Set it in the refrigerator for an hour, or until set. So yummy!! 
These apples were amazing. I think they would be great with M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, or even sprinkles! They were very simple to make, and it was very mess-free. Try them out and let us know how you liked them! 

                                                                 ~Nutmeg

1 comment:

  1. Aha. A recipe for caramel apples. I was just asking my Mom if I could make them. We have everything but the apples. ~Abby

    ReplyDelete