Friday, June 21, 2013

Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse

Hey Everyone! I decided it was time for another dessert. Around here we like to keep things simple.  I hope you all enjoy it!

Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
1 3/4 cups 2% milk
1 pkg. 3.4 oz. instant cheesecake pudding
1/2 cup melted milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar

Directions

Whisk together milk and instant pudding mix.  Let stand in refrigerator for two minutes.

Melt together chocolate and butter in a double boiler.

Mix the melted chocolate and pudding together; set aside.  Meanwhile, whip the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.  (Note: If you do not want to use heavy whipping cream; two cups of whipped topping can be substituted, and omit the powdered sugar.)  Fold into the chocolate mixture, put into dishes and chill.  Happy eating!


I prefer small chocolate specks in my mousse , but there are ways to avoid that.  I hope you all enjoy this marvelous mousse as much as I did!


1 comment:

  1. Koko,
    I love cheesecake and mousse. I've never had it together before. I will try!


    ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete