Monday, June 24, 2013

Grandma's Banana Bread

Hello all!  Today's article is being posted a little later because I was helping out at my church with a program called Vacation Bible School (a.k.a VBS).  My article on Friday will also be posted later in the day.  Now for today's recipe!  Everyone loves grandma's cooking, so I decided to post one of my favorite recipes of hers!!!


Grandma's Banana Bread
3 medium ripe bananas
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 egg
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1- 2 teaspoon cinnamon


Directions
Heat oven to 350.
Smash bananas in a large bowl. Add softened butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg.  Blend in sour cream and vanilla.

  In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and cinnamon( I don't particularly like cinnamon, so I tend to leave it out).  Add to banana mixture.  Beat until blended, and pour into a greased and floured loaf pan. 

Bake for 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes in pan and tip out onto rack.  Let cool for another 10 minutes and enjoy!!!


I hope you all love my grandma's banana bread!  This has been one of my favorites since I was little, and I hope that you guys feel the same way!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you posted this! I still can't make banana bread as good s grandma's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana bread is probably the recipe I've made the most.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ~ Abby





















    ReplyDelete