Friday, June 7, 2013

Keep Cool!

Summer is right around the corner!  Today's recipe will help us all keep cool during the heat.  This recipe is for all of you watermelon lovers out there.



Watermelon Sorbet
1 small watermelon
1/2-1 cup sugar(depending upon sweetness preferences)
1 cup water
1/3 cup lemon juice


Directions
1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.  Once boiling, take off of heat and let cool.
2. Cut your watermelon in half and remove all of the red and pink flesh. 
3. In blender, puree the lemon and watermelon until smooth.  Add sugar syrup, and mix well
4. Freeze in a freezer safe bowl.  Before serving, take sorbet out of freezer 2-3 minutes to thaw slightly.


My family LOVES this sorbet as a summer treat!  I hope yours does as well.  For those of you who think this would be a great popsicle recipe, I'm sorry.  I also thought this would make great popsicles. It does not.  When I tried to make popsicles, the stick did not stay in, and the popsicles would not come out of the container.  Oh, I almost forgot!  I had a little helper with this recipe!  Isn't he cute?

4 comments:

  1. You will have to make this next time we are over

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you said "As you wish" it reminds me of "The Princess Bride." ~Abby

    ReplyDelete