Monday, June 3, 2013

Grand Opening

Hi  Everybody!  This is the grand opening for the  blog Nutmeg and Ko-Ko Cookies!  I'm Ko-Ko,  and my partner, Nutmeg, has given me the honor of writing our first article.  I decided to make a recipe that will wake everyone up to our existence.  What better way to do so than to do something with coffee?  These brownies combine two delicious foods, chocolate and coffee!  They are called Mocha Brownies.  This is my own original recipe, and I am delighted with the result.  It  is light and cakey - just the way I like it!


Mocha Brownies
1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter softened
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup Kahlua
2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals

Directions

1. Heat butter, granulated sugar, and cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium heat until butter melts, stirring constantly.  Remove  from heat.  Add eggs and vanilla; beat lightly just until combined.

2. Stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.  Mix together milk, Kahlua, and coffee crystals until dissolved. Add chocolate and milk mixtures alternately to the flour, beating by hand after every addition.

3. Pour into a greased 15x10x1- inch baking pan.  Bake at 350* F  for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool in pan on a wire rack.  Enjoy!


Wasn't that a nice simple recipe?  I hope all of you who try this like it as much as I did!

4 comments:

  1. Nutmeg and Koko,
    I hope you have a successful blog.

    ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Abby! We hope so too. :) I love you!! :) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete