Monday, December 30, 2013

Chocolate Cream Pie

Hi Everyone!  Today's recipes is something my dad usually makes for special occasions.  He was very nice and let me make it to share with you all!  I remember when I was little, one of the reasons I was excited for a holidays was because I would get this pie.  I hope you all enjoy it!
 

Chocolate Cream Pie

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
3 T. cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
1 1/2 cups water
5 egg yolks, beaten
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 nine inch pie crust, baked


Directions

In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Whisk 1 cup hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan; bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly.

Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool slightly. Pour warm filling into pastry shell. Cool for 1 hour. Chill until set.  Enjoy!


Yum!  This always make my mouth water!  I hope you will try it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment