Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Eggnog Latte

Hello there! Because it is now December, I thought I would do a Christmasy kind of recipe. What says "Christmas" more than eggnog? I made this delicious eggnog latte the other day, and it was so good I thought I would share the recipe with you! I hope you enjoy this delicious drink! Happy Eating! :) 



                                     Eggnog Latte

            For the latte:
                           3/4 cup hot coffee 
                           1/3 third cup eggnog
                           sugar, to taste
  
            For the whipped cream:
                           1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
                           sugar, to taste
                           nutmeg, for sprinkling


Pour the hot coffee into a mug or cup of your choice. (I found this adorable Christmas glass, and it looked perfect for a latte.) 
Heat up the eggnog in a microwave safe bowl or cup for about 30-40 seconds, or until it's warm. Mix the eggnog and the coffee together and add sugar until it is as sweet as you like it. 
I decided to put whipped cream on this hot latte as well, simply because I liked the taste of it last time. Pour the whipping cream into a blender cup and add the sugar. Using a hand blender, whip it unit it is the texture you like. Carefully spoon it onto the coffee/eggnog mixture, and sprinkle nutmeg on it if you wish. Yum! 
I hope you liked this Christmas recipe! I will hopefully be posting more in the weeks leading up to Christmas! 

~Nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment