Monday, December 9, 2013

Luscious Lemon Bars

Hello!  Today's recipe is one of my favorites.  I LOVE lemon - lemon anything, in fact!  I was looking through cook books last night to find a recipe, and stumbled across one of my favorite cookbooks from when I was younger.  The book is a children's alphabet cookbook published by Gold Medal Flour.  Lemon Bars was listed under the L.  That is the recipe I am going to give you!


Lemon Bars

Crust:
1 cup Gold Medal all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Filling:
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel/ lemon extract
2 T. of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs

Directions

Preheat oven to 350*.

Combine flour, butter and powdered sugar.  Press evenly into an ungreased  8x8 baking dish.  Press about 5/8 of an inch up the sides.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Beat remaining ingredient on medium until light and fluffy.  Pour over hot crust and bake for 25 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched lightly in the center.  Cool and cut.  Enjoy!


I have probably eaten about a quarter of the pan myself!  I hope you all have more will power than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment