Friday, July 26, 2013

Brownies Infused With Invisible Zucchini

Hi everyone!  You all know how hard it is to get kids to eat vegetables.  I have found a way to hide zucchini in brownies!!!!!  I have tested it on five different kids and all of them have asked for more!  These brownies are wonderfully fudgy, and for those who like frosted brownies I have included a frosting recipe.



Zucchini Brownies
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.

 In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini, oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.

 Spread evenly into the prepared pan.  Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


Chocolate Frosting
1/4 cup milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 and 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder



I hope you and your kids enjoy this yummy brownie recipe as much as the kids I tested it on did!

2 comments:

  1. I tried it. My older brother doesn't like zucchini; he didn't even know there was zucchini in it. LOL! It worked as a great prank when we told him. Now, he likes it.(in brownie form)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comment was from me, ~Abby

    ReplyDelete