Friday, January 17, 2014

Bacon Onion Deviled Eggs

Hi Everyone!  My family and I have 15 chickens.  14 of them are hens.  Thus, the egg recipe.  We have eggs coming out of our ears.  There are 3 dozen in our fridge and another 4 dozen on our counter top.  The reason it is ok to have fresh eggs out on our counter top is because of the protective coating that is on the egg when the hen lays it.  This protective layer is washed off of commercial eggs.  Our eggs can sit out for weeks and stay fresh.  I enjoy deviled eggs greatly.  When I make them, I always change the recipe.  Today, they are completely different from the traditional deviled eggs.

Bacon Onion Deviled Eggs
5 hard boiled eggs
2 T. mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons bacon bits
Directions

Halve the hard boiled eggs and remove the yolks.  Combine the yolks with the rest of the ingredients.  After all the ingredients are smooth, put back into the cooked whites.  Enjoy!

Yum!!!  My mouth is watering.  I hope you all enjoy these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment