Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Homemade Granola

Hello, everyone! This is our 100th post!! Yeah! I hope you all have been enjoying our blog! :) 
One of my fondest childhood memories was my mom's homemade granola. I found the recipe recently, and decided to make it. While it was baking, it made the whole house smell wonderful. It was like smelling memories. (If that's possible...) :) 
Anyways, this granola was a hit! I will definitely be making more in the future! I hope you enjoy it!! :) 



                              Homemade Granola

                               1 cup honey
                               1 cup butter (you could use shortening, but it changes the flavor)
                               1 cup brown sugar
                               8 cups oats
                               1 Tablespoon flax seed
                               1 cup raisins or some kind of dried fruit, nuts, or anything else you prefer

Preheat the oven to 300*.
Melt the butter and combine it with the brown sugar and honey over medium low heat. Stir until the sugar is almost dissolved. Don't let it boil. In a large bowl, mix the oats, flax seeds, and nuts. Pour the liquid mixture over the oats and stir it well. 
Pour the granola into a sided, non-stick pan or cookie sheet. (I use a roasting pan, simply because this recipe makes a lot and the pan is non-stick.) Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Be really careful not to over-bake, because granola burns fast. Remove from the oven and add the raisins or dried fruit.  Mix it well and let it cool. Store in an airtight container to keep it fresh, and enjoy! I love granola, and this is a very yummy recipe! I hope you have a great week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment