Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cheesecake Bars

Hello, everyone! :) I was looking for a good recipe for someone in our church, and I found this delicious recipe for Cheesecake Bars! I changed a few things, such as pecans in the crust instead of walnuts, I used vinegar instead of lemon juice, and I drizzled caramel sauce on top for some extra flavor (and because I simply cannot eat anything without caramel). I loved these, and I hope you will try them and like them too! :)





                                      Cheesecake Bars
                           
                       Crust:
                                1/3 cup butter
                                1/3 cup brown sugar
                                1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
                                1 cup sifted flour
                             
                         Filling:
                                1/4 cup sugar
                                8 oz. cream cheese
                                1 Tablespoon vinegar
                                2 Tablespoons milk
                                1 egg
                                1/2 tsp. vanilla

                                Caramel Sauce


Preheat oven to 350*.
Cream butter and brown sugar. Add in the flour and pecans. Press gently into an 8x8 pan, and bake for 12-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the filling, combine the sugar and cream cheese. Mix until smooth. Add in the vinegar, milk, and egg, and mix well. spread over the baked crust and bake for 25-30 minutes. Meanwhile, make the caramel.
Let it cool, then drizzle the caramel sauce over it. Store covered in the refrigerator. Yummy!!



1 comment:

  1. Dad absolutely loves cheesecake. I might make it for him sometime. ~Abby

    ReplyDelete