Friday, January 24, 2014

Leftover Candy Cookie Bars

Hello Everyone!  Today's recipe is not good for you.  It mixes Halloween candy and cookies.  Not the healthiest.  When I made these, my mom was happy I got rid of so much candy until she had one.  Then she couldn't stay away(neither could I, but that isn't the point)!  She had commissioned me to get rid of the candy.  Isn't that kind of ironic?  I got rid of the candy, and it was even more irresistible! I thought I should share that story, because I thought you all might find it amusing!


Halloween Cookie Bars
1-1/2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup butter
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 snack size candy bars about 1-1/2 cups (I used whoppers, snickers, and three musketeers)


Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Grease a 9x13-inch glass baking dish.

Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy.

In another bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.

Beat the eggs and vanilla into the sugar mixture.

Add the flour mixture a bit at a time and mix until a smooth thick batter forms.  Add chopped candy.

Pour the batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly .

Bake until the cookie bars are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.  Enjoy!



I enjoyed these bars.  They are a great way to get rid of leftover Halloween candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment