Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Easy Caramel Sauce

Hello everyone! I don't know about where you live, but it has been extremely cold where me and Koko live! I have never seen temps this low before in my area! Today's recipe is a very easy, yet super yummy caramel sauce. If you have seen alot of my other posts where I've talked about making caramel sauce, I always went through a complicated process to get it. I have figured out a very easy way to make it now, without all the bubbling and overflowing! This is the perfect addition to hot cocoa too. That is how I've been using it lately. In fact, Koko and I just recently enjoyed a cup of caramel hot cocoa together, and it tasted so yummy that I had to post the recipe. Enjoy! :) 



                             Easy Caramel Sauce

                     1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
                     1 cup brown sugar
                     2/3 cup heavy whipping cream

In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then add the brown sugar and mix until smooth. Add in the heavy whipping cream and continue to whisk until it is well combined and there are no more white streaks. 
You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It will also seem thin when it is still hot, but it thickens when you cool it. Oh, so yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment