Monday, January 13, 2014

Blackberry Cobbler

Hello everyone!  Today's recipe was really yummy.  My family and I finished this within two days!  My grandpa picked the berries this summer, and gave my family some.  We froze them, and I used them for the cobbler.  I used them when they were still frozen, and had quite a bit of excess juice.  It may need a little extra cooking time to evaporate the juice.



Blackberry Cobbler
4 cups blackberries
1 cup granulated sugar

Topping:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 stick cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Directions

Preheat oven to 350*.

Mix together blackberries and granulated sugar.  Pour into 9x13 pan.

In a medium sized bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.  Cut in butter until crumbly.  Add oats and pecans; mix well.  Sprinkle evenly over blackberry mixture.

Bake for 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown.  Enjoy!

Yum!  My moth started watering while I was typing this out!  I hope you all like this as much as my family and I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment