Monday, May 5, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

Hello Everyone!  Today's recipe is pretty simple.  I have never made no bake-cookies before, and I have to admit I was mildly impressed.  Whenever I heard someone talk about how yummy their no-bake cookies were, I kinda just turned up my nose and looked the other way.  Well, I shouldn't have.  They are pretty darn good.  I still prefer oven baked cookies, but these have lived up to what people say about them. 


Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

1 cup honey
1 cup sugar
pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
4 cups oatmeal


Directions

Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium to large saucepan, combine honey, sugar, salt, and vanilla.  Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.  Once boiling, lower heat and allow to simmer for two minutes.  Add peanut butter and chocolate chips, and stir until melted.  Take off heat and add oatmeal.  Combine thoroughly. 

Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop dough, while still warm, onto the lined baking sheets; flatten slightly.  Allow to cool.  Enjoy!


I hope you all try these!

1 comment:

  1. My brother makes these. Or, should I say, "bakes" these. LOL! ~Abby

    ReplyDelete