Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Morel Steak

Hello Everyone!  Who went looking for morels this year?  I did!  To me it is like a treasure hunt.  Especially when none of the morels are growing together!  That happened to me this year.  I would find one, and the find another maybe 5-10 feet away.  I tried them for the first time this year, and was pleasantly surprised(I usually pick them for other people). If you still have any, this is a great recipe to use them on!


Morel Steak
any 2 steaks of your choice (I used ribeye)
garlic oil
pepper to taste
1 medium sized yellow onion
5 large morels

Directions

Put oven on broil HI.

Place steaks on pan, and brush garlic oil over both sides of the steaks.  Sprinkle desired amount of pepper on steaks.

Cut onion into desired sized pieces.  Slice morels into circles and set aside separate from the onions.

Broil steaks for 5 minutes each side (for a medium steak).

After steak is finished, pour drippings into a medium sized saucepan.  Add onions and half dollar sized amount of garlic oil.  Saute onions over medium heat until they start to brown, and then add morels.  Continue cooking until onions have caramelized.

Pour onions and morels over steak and enjoy!


This was really, really good.  I can't even think of it without drooling!  

No comments:

Post a Comment