Saturday, May 17, 2014

Fried Pickles

Hello, everyone! I have a great fascination with pickles. Some may call it an obsession, but I think calling it a fascination sounds much better. At least, it makes me feel better about it...
If you have ever been to Texas Roadhouse, you may have tried their fried pickles. I personally was hooked as soon as I ate one. They are SO GOOD! Anyhow, I was talking with my brother today, and he said "we should try to fry some pickles." I was very fond of that idea, of course, so I pulled out the pickles, and got to work. What I made tastes almost exactly like the original. I must say, I was pretty impressed.
The recipe was actually quite simple. It only has four ingredients. You should definitely try it! Let us know what you think!


                        Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles

                               2 eggs
                               3/4 cup flour
                               1 tsp. steak seasoning salt
                               lots of dill pickle chips
                               oil, for frying

Heat the oil in a pan on the stove. 
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour and the seasoning salt. In a separate small bowl, beat the eggs. 
Coat each pickle in the egg, then roll in the flour. Fry it in the hot oil until browned and crispy. You may want to fry a good many, as they disappear fast!! Enjoy!! 

5 comments:

  1. Are they good? ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may like them,but, they sound disgusting to me. ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like pickles, you will love these. :)

      Delete
    2. I like pickles ,so, I guess I'll try them. ~Abby

      Delete