Monday, June 30, 2014

Recycled Cookies

Hello Everyone! How are you all doing?  Fine?  That's good.  Me?  My mother thinks I am evil.  You know how grandmas send home goodies after you've visited them?  My grandma sent home a large bag of chocolate chip cookies.  They are very hard not to eat.  Unfortunately, my mother found that out the hard way.  She couldn't keep her hands out of the bag!  She told me to make something else out of them for the blog.  So I did.  Who reading this has ever had lunch-lady brownies?  I decided to encase the cookies between two layers of those.  Those were even harder to stay away from.  Now, I am forbidden to ever recycle cookies in that way again.  I hope you all enjoy them as much as my mom did!



Recycled Cookies
1 cup of butter 
1/2 cup of cocoa
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon coffee extract
1 cup of your favorite kind of cookie, crumbled

Frosting
1/4 cup of softened Butter
1/4 cup of  milk
1/4 cup of unsweetened Cocoa
3 cups of Powdered Sugar



Directions

Preheat oven to 350.

Melt the butter in the microwave and put into mixing bowl, add cocoa and mix together until smooth.

Add flour, and sugar. Beat together and then add eggs, and vanilla. Mix until combined.  Do not over stir!

Pour half into greased, floured  9x13 baking pan, and sprinkle cookie crumbs over it.  Spread the rest of the batter over it, and bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Combine all ingredients for frosting, and frost brownies after ten minutes of cooling.  Enjoy!



Usually, I say how good these are and tell you to try them, and this time I am going to say it again.  These are really hard to resist!  I hope you will try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment