Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Raspberry Almond Cake

Hello Everyone!  Who loves apple orchards?  I do!  Who has picked raspberries at an apple orchard?  I have!  Ok, I know that is kind of ridiculous, but my family had gone apple picking the previous week.  This time, I was going with my youth group and thought more apples would be a little much.  That is when I noticed the raspberries. 

Actually, a friend and I discovered them.  While we were picking, she playfully yelled at me several times to stop eating all the raspberries she had just picked.  Admittedly, I was doing more eating than picking.  She motivated me to get picking, or else.  The "or else" is what finally got me picking, and not eating.  This was the fruit of our labor!  :)


Raspberry Almond Cake

1 box white cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup oil
1 quart raspberries
1/2 cup toasted almonds


Frosting

1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 T. milk
1/4 teaspoon almond extract


Directions


Preheat oven to 350*.

Grease and flour 9x13 cake pan.

Combine all ingredients for cake, excepting almonds.

Pour into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool.

Combine ingredients for frosting and beat on high for three minutes.  Spread on cake, and sprinkle toasted almonds on top.  Serve. Enjoy!



I brought this cake to my school for the teachers, and there was barely any left!  I hope you all enjoy this as much as they did!

No comments:

Post a Comment