Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Oven Roasted Carrots

Hello Everyone!  How was your weekend?  Mine went pretty well.  I went to a friend's house who I hadn't seen for a while.  We ate a lot of junk food.  I know, I know, shame on us.  Fortunately, it's the beginning of a new week, so let's start it out healthy!  Carrots are one of my favorite cooked vegetables.  I love that they get sweeter when they are cooked.

Oven Roasted Carrots

12 carrots, peeled and trimmed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400*F.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.  Halve your carrots lengthwise so that they cook more evenly.  Lay carrots out on the foiled sheet and drizzle with olive oil.  Toss them a bit to make sure they are fully coated.  Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper.  Roast at 400*F for 35-40 minutes.


Yum!!!  You should all give these carrots a try.  They were so good that we could have doubled the recipe for our family of four!  What are your guys' favorite carrot recipes?  Leave a comment and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment