Friday, October 17, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Hello, everyone! I hope you have all been enjoying this beautiful autumn weather! 
I don't know about you, but I love peanut butter and chocolate together. They just happen to combine to make one of my favorite candies of all time...Reese Peanut Butter Cups. I wanted to make a cookie this week that had both peanut butter and chocolate, since I didn't have any Reese Cups on hand. They were delicious. Try them out and let us know what you think! Enjoy!! 


Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups shortening or butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups (or one 10 oz. bag) peanut butter chips


Preheat the oven to 350*.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. 
In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix well. 
Gradually add in the dry ingredients, making sure that it is mixed well.
Add in the peanut butter chips, making sure it is evenly distributed throughout the dough. 
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, and bake for 10-12 minutes. They will be slightly puffy, but will flatten more as they cool. Do not over-bake them. 

I was really happy with the way these cookies turned out. I will definitely be making these again in the future! 

                                                                            ~Nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment