Friday, October 31, 2014

Homemade Sweet Potato Fries

Hello, everyone! Today I actually have a recipe that is not anything pumpkin related! Be happy. And relieved. Oh, and go ahead and say, "It's about time!" 
Today's recipe is seasonal, however. I would eat it all year round, though, because it's just that good. I had the idea to make sweet potato fries after I saw a picture of them online. I never was very fond of them, but for some reason, that picture made them look really good. I was not disappointed. I made these two different ways, because I wanted to see which way would make them taste better. The fried version was my favorite. They were much crispier, and there was something about them that made them feel more like fries. Probably the fact that they were done in the deep fryer. 
I highly advise trying out this recipe. Leave us a comment telling us how it turned out too! Enjoy! 

Homemade Sweet Potato Fries

5 large sweet potatoes, peeled
seasoning salt
garlic
chili powder
oil, for frying 

Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into sticks, and place in a large bowl. 
Heat up the oil in a deep fryer to 375*. If you don't have a deep fryer, heat up the oil in a large saucepan until it is hot. 
Fry the sweet potatoes in the hot oil until brown and crispy. Make sure you stir/flip them often to make sure they cook evenly. 
Transfer them to a paper towel-lined bowl, and sprinkle them with the seasoning salt, garlic, and chili powder. Toss them until they are well coated. Repeat with all of the rest of the sweet potatoes. Serve warm. 

These make a really yummy snack, and they are really easy to make! My family really enjoyed them. 

                                                            ~Nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment