Monday, March 24, 2014

Coconut Preacher Cake

Hello Everyone!  How are you enjoying "spring"?  It may TECHNICALLY spring, but it sure doesn't feel like it.  I don't know about all of you, but I am ready for warmer weather.  Today's recipe is delicious.  I mean REALLY delicious.  



Coconut Preacher Cake
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 teaspoons vanilla
one 20 oz. can of pineapple, undrained
2 eggs


Frosting
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 cup softened butter
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup toasted coconut, optional

Directions

Preheat oven to 350*.

 Combine dry ingredients; add wet ingredients and mix by hand.

 Bake in a 9 x 13 greased pan approximately 35-45 minutes. Do not over bake or it will be rubbery.

For the frosting, combine butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Mix in the other ingredients as well and spread on cooled cake in pan.  Enjoy!


My family loves this cake!  I would definitely make it again!

1 comment:

  1. Dad likes coconut. I will have to make it for him sometime. ~Abby

    ReplyDelete