Monday, March 17, 2014

Sushi Lover's Eggs

We raise chickens, so one ingredient we always have on hand is eggs.  We are always looking out for new ways to use them, especially for a meal other than breakfast. 

The boys have been having egg salad sandwiches for lunch this week to use up the three dozen hard boiled eggs sitting in the fridge.  I guess I was feeling a little experimental when creating today's recipe.  I love sushi and other Asian foods, but due to some diet restrictions I haven't been able to enjoy them as I used to.  This is my rural mid-west interpretation of one of my favorite foods using something we have in great abundance!



Sushi Lover's Eggs

Hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
Gluten Free Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
Black roasted sesame seeds
Finely ground black pepper
Ground ginger
Real salt
Roasted seaweed sheets (Yaki Sushi Nori), cut into thin strips

With egg halves arranged yolk up on plate, place 2-3 drops of soy sauce on the yolk of each egg.  Sprinkle generously with roasted sesame seeds.  Lightly sprinkle each egg with black pepper.  (I like to give the spice container two "taps" over each egg).  Repeat with the ginger and salt.   Top with a pinch of roasted seaweed strips and enjoy!  Chopsticks optional :)


1 comment:

  1. My sister likes sushi. She's interested. ~Abby

    ReplyDelete