Monday, March 31, 2014

Homemade Vanilla Cookies

Hello Everyone!  Today's recipe was supposed to taste like Nilla Wafers.  It didn't.  I got this recipe from another blogger, and followed the recipe to a tee.  I did size the cookies differently.  Maybe that was what changed them?  If you make it, then tell me how yours turned out!  Here is the link to the recipe!  Cookie Recipe  I will tell you what I did, just in case you want something like a sugar cookie. 


Vanilla Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
Directions

Preheat oven to 325*.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.

Sift flour, salt and baking powder over the butter mixture and stir to combine.
 
Use a tablespoon to measure out dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Cookies will spread, but only a one and a half inch space is needed between cookies.

Bake at 325 F for 15 to 18 minutes, until cookies are a light golden brown. Baking time will vary depending on the exact size of your cookies. Cool, and enjoy! 


Yum...I wish I still had some, but my family and I devoured them!

No comments:

Post a Comment