Monday, July 21, 2014

Black Raspberry Muffins

Hello everyone!  Did anyone go berry picking this year?  I did!  Berry picking is super fun, and this season my eyes were bigger than my stomach.  My mom said that I should make sure to use up the berries before they went bad, and suggested I make muffins.  The muffins I made turned out wonderful, so I decided to share them with you!
                                                         


Black Raspberry Muffin

 1/4 cup highly refined sunflower oil
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup raw sugar
3 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups fresh black raspberries

 Directions

Preheat oven to 375*.

 In a large bowl, mix together vanilla, oil and 1-1/4 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture alternately with almond milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blackberries.

 Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.  Enjoy!


I am ashamed to admit that I ate two of these before they had even completely cooled.  In my defense, they were absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment