Friday, July 11, 2014

Orange Creamsicles {Dairy-free!}

It's that time of year again, where popsicles are a favorite snack of many. My personal favorite is a creamsicle, but since I'm lactose intolerant, I have not been able to enjoy them this year. However, I had the idea to make a popsicle with coconut milk! Not only was I delighted with the outcome, i was surprised at how creamy it turned out to be! This recipe is a new favorite for me! 


                         Orange Creamsicles {Dairy-free!}

                              1 cup coconut milk
                              juice of 2 oranges (about 2/3 cup)
                              1/4 tsp. orange oil (not orange extract!)
                              4 T. sugar

Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Pour carefully into the popsicle molds and freeze for several hours. (I just left mine in the freezer overnight.) They are so good!! 

1 comment:

  1. Ashley(my sister) and I made popsicles by using bathroom cups. We made lemonade(only using Truvia), a substitute for sugar, and a pop called "La Croix." It is like seltzer water. You can also put a drop of food coloring in it. Love the idea of doing dairy free popsicles. ~Abby

    ReplyDelete