Monday, July 28, 2014

Fried Bananas

Hello everyone!  We had too many bananas in the house, and my mom thought that fried bananas sounded good.  I was surfing the net, and found a lot of recipes that sounded pretty good, but had butter in them.  My mom can't have dairy, and I had wanted to find a recipe that I didn't have to substitute oil for butter.  I finally found one that sounded good, but all the other recipes I had found had rum in them.  I decided that instead of trying to find another recipe, I should just add a little rum to this one.  The thing is, I don't cook with alcohol very much and didn't know how much to put in.  I was very pleased when this turned out as well as it did.


Fried Bananas

2 ripe bananas
1 T. highly refined sunflower oil
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon rum
1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions

Remove the peels from the bananas and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices.

Set a nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat and add the oil or butter, honey, rum, cinnamon, and salt.  Whisk together.

Lay down your banana slices, and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side. Be sure to watch the heat and turn it down if it browns too quickly. You want enough heat to caramelize and brown the slices, but don't want them to burn.  Enjoy!


This was really good, and disappeared quickly.  You should all give it a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment